Friday, September 11, 2009

New Magazine

Each student in my Magazine Management class has to design a business plan and basically create our own magazines by the end of the semester. It's really fun so far, and I've always loved doing this type of thing. I have to come up with and plan my magazine from scratch, and I end up with a huge bound copy of design pages, story ideas, competition research, staffing plans, mailing strategy and everything else you can imagine. It will be a lot of work, but I'm excited about it.

That being said, I'm still in the conceptual stage. I came up with a mission statement and a name, but my favorite name was taken by some tiny magazine up in Chicago. My second choice name is still iffy, but we'll see. :-)  I will post my mission statement sometime and see if anyone has ideas to add. I would love second, third, and fifteenth opinions. If you want to know more about it, just ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment